I’ve been a professional writer and editor for nearly two decades. If you have a book manuscript you need edited or proofread, I can assist you. You’ll get a professional copy edit or proofread at a reasonable price. Plus, I tell great jokes if you catch me on the right day. 😉 I may also share virtual coffee, tea, and chocolate, depending on your preferences.
But seriously, if you’ve written something for publication and you need a professional edit or proofread without a lot of hassle and without breaking the proverbial bank, I’m your best choice.
Not sure if you need copy editing or proofreading? Here’s a link that will help you make that determination: http://thewriteoneblog.com/substantive-editing-copy-editing-proofreading/
Once you’re clear on what you need, here’s what I charge for services I provide:
Copy editing – $2 per double-spaced page (must adhere to standard ms. format)
Proofreading – $1.50 per double-spaced page (must adhere to standard ms. format)
Coaching sessions for writers (Skype or telephone) – $20 per half-hour session
Professional writing courses – $20 per week and up. Go here for more info: https://www.facebook.com/Abraxas.Writing.Courses
I DO NOT provide developmental editing services.
I DO NOT provide ghostwriting services.
I am NOT a literary agent.
Anything else I might agree to do for you – Hourly fee – $25 per hour
(Hint: paying a flat fee is easier on your wallet).
Before you contact me, please note:
- I’m an editor and proofreader, not a ghostwriter. I will NOT rewrite or write your manuscript.
- I’m not your therapist. I will edit or proofread your manuscript.
- If I don’t know you well or you’re not a close friend, please do not friend me on Facebook.
- I do not work for free or for a promised share of royalties.
- A deposit of half my editing or proofreading fee is expected upfront.
- You are paying for my time as well as my knowledge and expertise.
- I work during the week, but not on weekends.
- Rush jobs are not welcome. I don’t do rush jobs. I often work with more than one client at a time and I won’t cut corners for existing clients to satisfy rush jobs.
I’m a nice, patient person under most circumstances. Do not take advantage of my jocular nature 😉
If you have other questions, drop me a line.
If you think we’ll make a good fit, proceed to the contact form below.
Ready to get started? E-mail me at nocturnaleditor (at) gmail.com. I’ll need no fewer than five pages of your work to determine if I will agree to edit or proofread it. Unfortunately for some people, but fortunately for me, I have minimum standards for manuscripts I will edit or proofread. To get a clue what those standards might be, see this post.
I look forward to hearing from you.